Any way you slice it, millions of Americans are sexually active. And because Americans are sexually, that means there’s an increased risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). In fact, statistics have shown that approximately 25% of the U.S. population has an incurable STD.
If you ever took a sex ed class in high school, you likely learned just how serious STDs are and about the importance of sexual health. When it comes to STDs, the statistics are still pretty shocking:
- Nearly 20 million STDs occur annually
- Of that age range, only 12% of people get STD testing during a given year
- Half the people who contract STD are between 15-24
- 50% of sexually active people will contract an STD by 25
If you’re sexually active and you’re afraid you might have contracted an STD, you should go into an urgent care clinic and get your yourself tested. If you’re looking for some privacy when it comes to STD testing, an urgent care is the place to go.
If you’re wondering how an urgent care can help you when it comes to STD, you should know that urgent cares can help you in many ways. Urgent cares offer fast, convenient medical care while offering price transparency and treatment for everything from back pain to the flu to colds to sports injuries to dizziness to strains and sprains to STDs.
If you’re worried that you might have contracted an STD, you’re likely experiencing a range of emotions including being worried, scared and maybe even sad. At the root of everything, you’re looking to get test results as soon as possible and with a reasonable degree of privacy. Your local urgent care can offer just that. Rather than having to make an appointment at an STD testing center, you can get confidential testing for genital herpes, HIV, gonorrhea, hepatitis, chlamydia and other STDs. Once you get your test results, you can go over them privately with a primary care doctor.
One of the biggest benefits of urgent care clinics is that patients can get medical treatment and testing they need for all things serious and private. The Urgent Care Association of America estimates that three million Americans visit an urgent care every week for a variety of medical issues. By visiting an urgent care if you need STD testing, you’ll get benefits such as:
- Discreet treatment: Anyone who’s contracted an STD or getting test for an STD wants to do so without drawing attention to themselves. Urgent care facilities offer patients plenty of privacy and help save patients from any potential embarrassment.
- Same-day treatment: If you’ve contracted a sexually transmitted disease, you may notice subtle changes in your body as a result. If that happens, you’re likely going to be looking for a place that offers immediate testing. Urgent cares offer just that, where experienced doctors can offer plenty of treatment options as well as testing.
- Online booking: Rather than having to make a trek into a doctor’s office to book an appointment or explain to an operator that you need to make an appointment for STD testing. Instead, you can book an appointment online or simply just visit a walk-in urgent care.
Visiting an urgent care for discreet STD testing can be an important decision for your health. By going to an urgent care, you’ll get the treatment you need, you can discreetly book appointments and get the privacy you need to deal with a serious medical issue.
If you’re planning on visiting an urgent care for STD testing, make sure you contact your insurance company to see how much of it is covered. Depending on your insurance company or insurance plan, it may be fully covered or partially covered. Being fully covered means you’ll just have to pay your co-pay amount, but partially covered may mean a hit to the wallet. So be sure to double check with your insurance company to avoid any extra surprises.