Lasik eye surgery is one of the miracles of modern medicine. If you have to wear glasses due to below optimal eyesight, consider what lasik surgery can do for you.
Top 5 benefits of Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasik laser eye surgery has many benefits; however, the top ones tend to include:
- Improved Vision. Probably the biggest benefit to having lasik surgery is the improvement of vision. Around 85% of patients who receive the surgery regain 20/20 vision, and over 95% of people who have undergone the surgery, between 1995 and 2003, reported being happy with their results. Additionally, over 224,000 active military members have undergone the surgery, as reported in 2008. While good vision can be critical in the military for a number of reasons, people from all walks of life have received lasik, 21 million in 2015 alone. If you’re tired of fussing with glasses, or the constant need for contacts, this treatment may be the answer you’ve been looking for.
- Long Lasting Results. After a couple months, in which your eyes will fully stabilize and adjust, the results will be permanent, barring a degrade in vision cause by natural aging, injury, or illness. Follow up procedures are usually not needed after, so you can focus on enjoying your newly improved vision.
- Quick Procedure, Quick Recovery. Lasik surgery typically only takes 10 minutes per eye to complete. The recovery period is also fantastically short, with results starting to show within a few days, and continuing to improve within the coming several weeks. The final result usually becomes evident in around 3 months, and as said above, is completely permanent. Additionally, any dry eye problems that are associated with the procedure, tend to alleviate and go away after 6 months, and any other problems usually only last 3 to 6 months after the procedure. It is also worth keeping in mind that only 1% of people experience any lasting complications with lasik, and with improvements in the surgery being made all the time, there is no need to worry that your results will be anything less than amazing.
- No More Glasses. As someone who has used contacts in the past, I know first hands that they can get expensive. The estimated cost can be up to $450 dollar per year, which is nothing to sneeze at. With Lasik eye surgery you have a one time cost, and then you can say goodbye to daily eye poking, and scrounging around on the floor, looking for that basically invisible contact that you dropped (and will probably never find).
- No More Contacts. While these last two may seem like a no brainer, really think about the benefit of not having to worry about losing your glasses ever again. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve played Velma, rummaging around my room in the morning looking for glasses that I forgot to put in the right spot. (In addition to the amount I’ve accidentally stepped on, crushed in my purse, and generally lost all together.) Not having to worry about constantly having your glasses handy can be immensely freeing.
Lasik eye surgery can improve your quality of life tremendously. It’s quick, in both procedure and recovery, and the results can last a lifetime. If you’re tired of paying for, and messing with contacts, or constantly relying on glasses, lasik eye surgery may be the solution for you!