Hair loss in women flies in the face of an entire industry that offers hair products to a powerful group of consumers. For while many women are purchasing hair products and tools that are the focus of individual beauty and long hours of preparation, those who suffer from hair loss in women are dealing with an entirely different situation. It is difficult, in fact, to feel your best and your most confident as you set of to work everyday if you are dealing with the devastating effects of womens hair loss.
Few things are as important to personal appearance than hair. The fact that a thriving industry serves to only provide shampoos, conditioners, hair straightening products, and hair curling appliances is an indicator of that importance. For the 21 million women in America who suffer from hair loss, however, many of these products and appliances can seem useless as they deal with their own difficult personal battle.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the hair loss and hair rejuvenation process and how it applies to women:
- 90% of hair loss is genetic and requires laser therapy or topical medication treatments.
- 40% of women have visible hair loss by the time they reach the age 40.
- 80% of women have visible hair loss by the time they reach the age 60.
- 110,000 is the average number of hair follicles on the human scalp.
- 100 hairs is the average number lost daily by hair loss sufferers.
- 47% of hair loss sufferers indicate that they would spend their life savings to regain a full head of hair.
- 60% of hair loss sufferers indicate that they would rather have more hair than money or friends.
- 7% of all patients indicate that they have a negative reaction to any hair loss treatment.
- 24% of women compare losing their hair to losing a limb.
- 25 to 35 are the average ages of women dealing with thinning hair.
- 10% of the women between the ages of 20 and 49 suffer from anemia due to an iron deficiency, a condition which is an easy to solve cause of hair loss.
- 811,363 of people worldwide suffer from hair loss and may find themselves seeking professional treatment.