Home healthcare is a growing tend in America. The fact that more and more Americans are looking for ways to help their loved ones stay at home, it should not come as a surprise that medical supply companies are offering an increasing number of items that make staying at home more possible. From pleurx drainage kits to allow for in home pleurx procedure to medical cotton rolls that can be used for a variety of purposes, these supplies are used by friends and family to help them care for those who are loved and respected.
Disposable bed protectors, mobile chairs for the elderly, and many other supplies allow families to help their loved ones who need minor medical care to stay at home, instead of in a long term care center. If you are looking at options for keeping your parent or spouse at home, it is important that you find affordable and ready access to some of the basic supplies that you will need.
Are You Looking at Home Healthcare Options for your Spouse or Parent?
Whether you are in search of pleurx drainage kits for an in home pleurx procedure for yourself or you are looking for items that will aid in the mobility for an aging grandparent, many home healthcare settings will provide the items that you need day in and day out. Consider some of these statistics about the most common home healthcare needs that are seen in America:
- An older adult in America is treated in the emergency room for a fall every 15 seconds.
- Most diabetics suffer from other conditions beside their diabetes, including heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis, asthma, and chronic respiratory disease. In fact, only 9.3% of adults with diabetes have only diabetes.
- Older adults will account for roughly 20% of the U.S. population by the year 2030.
- 10% of seniors use more than one mobility device.
- 81% of retirees cited good health as the most important ingredient for a happy retirement in a recent survey.
- The demand for walking aids is expected to increase two fold by the year 2050 as the numbers of elderly people in America continue to rise.
Finding a way to stay at home after a surgery or during the limitations that occur during aging are both reasons that many people find themselves in need of home healthcare products.