Summer should be a time of long days at the pool and laughter with friends. If, however, you are one of the 31 million Americans who are experiencing low-back pain at any given time then your summer can be anything but fun. If you find someone who can help you with private practice sessions for physical therapy and strengthening exercises that can help you avoid the pain.
Finding the right way to deal with chronic back pain is a concern that many people have, but if you spend time on private practice sessions with a physical therapist of trainer you might be able to get the help that you need.
Back Pain Disorders Can Interrupt Daily Schedules and Work
Chiropractors and physical therapists offer a number of different kinds of options to keep you active and feeling your very best. With the right kinds of exercises and treatments, in fact, many people are able to control both their pain and discomfort and try to live a better live. Unfortunately, if you are female, you are more likely to suffer from back pain. In fact, the latest research indicates that as many as 33% of female adults suffer from back pain. This compares to the 25% of males who suffer from back pain.
Overall, 50% of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year. This means that one of every two people experienced at least some kind of back pain. When you are in in pain, you obviously may not be able to work to your potential or enjoy the times when you are able to be with your friends.
Consider these facts and figures about the way that back pain can affect your life and the impact that it has on the health economy of the nation:
- Back pain is the second most common reason for doctor’s office visit, outnumbered only by upper respiratory infections.
- Unfortunately, more than 1.5 billion people worldwide suffer from pain that is considered chronic.
- As many as 36.7 million people in the U.S. participate in yoga, and some of these people do so in an effort to find relief from chronic back pain.
- In fact, a study published in Annals of Internal Medicine found that of 313 people with chronic low back pain, a weekly yoga class increased mobility more than standard medical care for the condition.
- A survey of U.S. adults indicated that 81% believed chiropractic care could help a great deal or some with back or neck pain.
Finding the right kind of therapist or chiropractor can help you make sure that you are able to be as pain free as possible and work to your potential the majority of the time that you are at work. Whether you decide to go to private practice sessions to work on yoga and stretching techniques or you want to make sure that you visit a chiropractor on a regular basis, it is important to know that there are a number of ways to deal with many kinds of back pain.