As medical researchers across the globe continue to look for cures to cancer and other diseases it should come as no surprise that the future of biotech stocks looks very promising. From trends in small pharmaceutical companies stock
offerings to the largest oncology biotech companies, a growing number of investors realize that this is a worthwhile trend.
In fact, investing in biotech startups is an increasingly popular, and lucrative, trend. And while finding the right companies to invest in takes a good deal of research, it is research that can have big payoffs in the end. The fact that so many of us have friends and relatives who are battling cancer of other diseases is one of the reasons that an increasing number of people want to invest in the research that goes into finding medical cures.
Consider some of this research about the medical research industry, the cures they are trying to find, and the many medical conditions that Americans face:
- 10.2% of new cancer diagnoses every year are accounted for by leukemia, myeloma, and lymphoma.
- In clinical usage for more than 70 years, methotrexate is one of the first known treatments for breast cancer.
- In addition to breast cancer, methotrexate is also an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, as many as 50% of patients show improvement by taking methotrexate alone, and up to 87% show improvement when they take methotrexate in combination with other treatments.
- Including breast, lung, prostate and colon cancers, a recent study from the University of Chicago implicated the Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF) pathway in eight major types of cancer.
- 93% of patients will survive Stage 1 ovarian cancer with early detection and treatment. All of these treatment options are the result of someone or some company being willing to invest in
- With over 72 thousand new cases occurring each year, 2.1% of Americans will be diagnosed with lymphoma at some point in their lives.
- The five-year survival rate for non-Hodgkin lymphoma has increased to 74% because of improvements in treatment.
The future of biotech stocks seems to be pretty important, not only to the nation’s economy, but also to the health of the country as well.