Even with the best of intentions and the most watchful parenting, there are time when families need pediatric emergency room care. Fortunately, there are many times when illnesses and injuries are less serious and the more affordable and convenient option is a walk in medical clinic. Even adults who find themselves in need of care often find that an urgent care setting is often the most logical health care platform.
Even more fortunate is the fact that sometimes even an injury can be solved with a very minor treatment. For instance,
a recent study published in World Neurosurgery showed that, among 96 patients treated for Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD), there were no significant differences in outcomes between the 53 who were treated with lumbar fusion and the 43 who elected to pursue a nonoperative treatment like physical therapy. Knowing that you can get the results that you want without having to have surgery means that you can often continue working and enjoy the activities that you love the most.
Work and Athletic Injuries Are Often the Reason That So Many People Find Themselves Seeking Medical Care
Even if you do end up in a pediatric emergency room after an athletic injury, it does not mean that you will end up requiring surgery. With a prescription for physical therapy, however, you can sometimes end up overcoming an injury and getting back to feeling your best. In fact, physical therapy options are also an option for a work injury as well. Starting with the right doctor and diagnosis, of course, can help you find the health solutions that you need as soon as possible.
consider some of these facts and figures about the current medical health care platforms and the income that these options have on the health of many people, as well as the economy of the nation:
- 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care.
- 25,000 Americans suffer from an ankle sprain each day, but very few of these situations require surgery.
- Upper respiratory conditions are the most commonly diagnosed conditions in an urgent care center in 2012, and the most common procedure was wound repair.
- Fortunately, 85% of urgent care centers are open seven days a week.
- Occurring in 70% of the nation’s population at sometime in their lives, dizziness is the second most common complaint heard in doctor’s offices.
- 20,000 physicians currently practice Urgent Care Medicine today.
Parenting is not always easy. When you face a difficult parenting situation that requires a medical solution it is important to know that there are several options for you to consider. From pediatric emergency rooms to walk in health clinics, there are many great options depending on the level of care that you need.