Discussions about bladder support products are not always comfortable, but the are often necessary.
Whether you are recovering from a surgery or you are facing a life long incontinence issue, you probably know the importance of bladder support products. Even if you are only looking for treatments for a weak bladder, understanding what causes bladder leakage is a step toward making sure that you are clean and comfortable throughout the day.
Interestingly enough, women who are seeking advice about bladder control devices can range in age from early the 20s to older than 60. In fact, those who suffer from incontinence, do not fit an exact prototype. for instance, many women who have given birth suffer find that they suffer from incontinence. Finding out about all of the older and relatively new products can help women of all ages find the comfort and control that they desire.
Stress incontinence and urge incontinence are the two basic types of incontinence. And while you might have a picture in your mind of someone who would be the most likely to need bladder support products, the reality is that many people need these items at some point in their lives. Consider some of these facts and figures about the people who are in need of urinary incontinence products, and the types of products that are available:
- Unfortunately, only one out of every 12 people affected by urinary incontinence (UI) seeks help or treatment.
- Also unfortunate, Women wait an average of 6.5 years from the first time they experience UI symptoms until they obtain a diagnosis.
- 33% of women suffer from a pelvic floor disorder like stress urinary incontinence.
- Although 20% to 25% of Americans with incontinence are male, this condition affects more women than men.
- Although 20% to 30% of young women suffer, the rates of incontinence increase with age. In fact, 30% to 40% of middle-aged women have this condition, and 50% of older women suffer from urinary incontinence.
- 200 million people worldwide experience some level of urinary incontinence.
Life can be complicated, so do not let your incontinence issues keep you from doing the things that you want to enjoy.