Luckily, the best CPAP machine that your husband has ever had still did its shop in the hospital delivery room.
When it came time to go to the hospital for your second baby your daughter was only 18 months old. Your mother was able to come and stay with your daughter, and you and your husband were off to the hospital. Most of the things that you need were already packed, but the CPAP machine supplies were forgotten at the house. Your husband tried to focus on you, but you could tell that he was worried how he could get through the next 36 to 48 hours without the best CPAP machine he had ever used. You summoned all of the patience that you could find and told him that you would have the neighbor go to the house, get the machine, and bring it to the hospital.
With that detail out of the way, your husband was able to move onto the far bigger task at hand.
When Was the Last Time That You Found a CPAP Mask Pillow That Helped You Get the Rest You Need
A continuous positive airway pressure machine (CPAP) is the best defense against the dangerous condition of sleep apnea. Consider these statistics about a condition that can cause people to not only lose sleep, but also develop other dangerous health conditions:
- Sleep apnea is prevalent in as many as 18 million Americans.
- 2% to 4% of all Americans have an undiagnosed case of sleep apnea. This means that approximately one in 50 individuals is undiagnosed.
- People who have untreated cases of sleep apnea face four times the risk of stroke as those who are not afflicted with sleep apnea.
- 80% of patients who say they use their CPAP machine actually do not use it enough to keep them safe.
- Sleep apnea patients who go untreated are also three times as likely to have heart disease.
- Men are twice as likely to suffer from sleep apnea as women.
- Studies indicate that 50% of all people prescribed CPAP machines do not follow through with the directions they are given, and instead stop using them in one to three weeks.