Making sure that your family is healthy and ready for the holidays is important. From getting your necessary flu vaccines to making sure that a fever is immediately treated so that it is come before the family gathers for Thanksgiving, it is important to make sure that your family members can see doctors when they need to. Fortunately, health care clinics can provide patients with reliable care that is both convenient and affordable.
As the holidays approach and family members from across the state or across the country gather, it should come as no surprise that many Americans will be exposed to a variety of different viruses and germs. With only one short month between the two major holidays, it is important that if someone in your family does get sick that you make sure they are better before Christmas. The fact that the cold weather during the months of November and December keeps many people indoors is another reason that it is easier to pick up a bug during this time as well.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many reasons that Americans find themselves in need of medical care:
- 85% of Americans are allergic to poison ivy. These allergic reactions often require a prescription medication to lessen the pain and itching, and to make sure that patients avoid infection.
- Medical care clinic staff can also help urinary tract infections, which account for around 8.1 million visits to doctors every year.
- Americans get approximately 1 billion colds every year.
- Although the average person makes a full recovery within 10 days, cold symptoms often last from 48 hours to 14 days.
- 5% to 20% of Americans, on average, come down with the flu every year.
- 3 million patients a week visit urgent care centers, according to the Urgent Care Association of America.
Doctors can help their patients find a diagnosis and start the process of finding a cure for the variety of illnesses that seem to go around this time of year. Even if doctors have little more advice than to rest and wait out the common cold, they can often suggest some over the counter medications that can help customers feel more comfortable while they wait to get back to 100%.